3.23.2011

Suburban Vacation

Living in a city can suck the life right out of you.
Not only the city living, but I've had some recent good news for Bird Trouble that has kept me SO busy. My hands are busy cutting fabric and sewing as many items my little hands can sew. I'll tell you guys about the Bird Trouble news at a later time though.
So, this past weekend, we went on a suburban getaway to refresh our minds and have some good fashion fun. We did some major shopping, major hiking, and major chicken wing eatin'.

In these next photos, you're going to see someone that you haven't seen before... a dog!!!
Let me take a moment to introduce you...

A friend of mine gave me Tyberious (a pitbull/lab mix) almost 2 weeks ago. Ty is... amazing. He's smart, he's large (always a plus for me- I LOVE large dogs), and he's playful... but not wild. He's 60 pounds at 9 months old. He is, hands down, the best snuggler I've ever snuggled. Ever since Bowie passed away last September, I've been super weird about getting another dog, vowed to never get another dog because I thought it wasn't going to be the same. I'm really glad my friend offered me Ty because it's changed my mood immensely and all the if, and, or but's I had before completely vanished.

Enough chit chat! Time for the pictures!

8 comments:

  1. you look cute! love the new dog and the photos :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. He reminds me of my dog, Willie, also a pit mix. He's one of the very best dogs I've ever owned. I hope that Ty brings you much joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new doggie! I'm so glad you got a new furry friend to share your heart with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dog, love the dress, adore your blog! Love stumbling across a great new read.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new family member.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww congrats on Ty, he's cute! Great pics and I love your outfit :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just find your blog and its pretty, cosy and lovely. i love it. i love the dress you wear on those pictures at the top, and.. yeah, nothing else :) i love it :)
    keep doing this way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I felt that way about the city...then I moved away, and now I miss it sooo bad. :/

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete