Hi there my sweet little friends!
I'm feeling pretty good today. I think it's because I woke up early (9am, yikes!) instead of sleeping in until 1pm. It feels good and I haven't even had my green tea yet!
Yesterday I sewed and watched Heroes. I mean that's not a surprise! What else do I do now-a-days? haha! I love it though. I can't be at home and not sew. It's weird but it's also very relaxing to me. I'm on the 3rd season of Heroes right now. Does anyone else watch Heroes? I loved it until the 3rd season. It's starting to be very repetitive and boring... Oh well. It's just until Lost comes back on TV. hahaha
Here's a DIY project (& a short tutorial) I worked on the other night! It's really simple if you have a sewing machine. I'm going to try to do some DIY project & short tutorials every now and then to get some excitement.
~Fabric cut into two even rectangles.
~A sewing machine.
~Dry erase marker.
How I did it:
1. I have a bunch of vintage fabric that I've collected for years so I cut out two even rectangles. You can use an old bed sheet if you don't have fabric or you can go to the nearest thrift store to find an old cute bed sheet.
2. For the vinyl letters, I took a dry-erase marker and wrote my quote, "Everything will be okay". The reason I used a dry-erase marker is because it comes off vinyl with a napkin.
3. I cut out the letters with a small pair (easier handling) of scissors. You can also use an exacto-knife but for some reason, I like scissors.
4. I placed the words in a good position on the side of the pillow that I wanted. This gave me an idea of how I wanted it before I started sewing.
5. I sewed along the edges of the letters making sure I kept the position I wanted. The good thing with vinyl is that it doesn't fray! The one I have is real affordable, too.
6. When I finished sewing the quote on... I placed the right sides of the fabric together, pinned the edges, and sewed a 1/4" seam along the edges but I left an 8" opening on the side.
7. I sewed a zipper in the 8" opening so for when I get stuffing, I can just easily stuff my pillow!
You're done! Yay! There's ways you can tweek this project. You can measure out a pillow case you already have & put in one of your pillows instead of stuffing or you can just make a pillow sleeve if you want (without the zipper).
The other day, I went to the mall to spend a little more of my Forever21 gift card. Here's what I decided on!
At first, I wanted to buy some cute dresses and tights but that's not what I wear everyday! I grew up as a big tomboy so as much as I'd love to wear a cute little dress and flats everyday... I'm more of a band shirt, black jeans, and converse type of gal. So, I really wanted to buy new shirts that I can wear everyday. I decided on these two shirts and a basic black tank top to wear underneath. I love the first top because of it's baggy fit and I fell for the striped shirt because of the zipper on the back, haha! Maybe one day I'll buy something girly... but while it's winter, I'll stick to my tomboy look, ha.
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! <3>