4.20.2012

Leap Into the Void

Leap into the Void, 1960 - Yves Klein (French, 1928–1962);  Harry Shunk (German, 1924–2006); 
Janos Kender (Hungarian, 1937–1983)
Yves Klein in The Void, Museum Haus Lange, Krefeld, Germany, January 1961


I think about this blog a lot and how I want it to be. I really want it to be a blog of my work and who I am, in a creative sense like a portfolio, but also a journal with truth in how I am feeling, and giving you (hi reader!) more of a sense of who I am. I've been "blogging" since high school... you know, since livejournal and xanga. Truth, I was in high school when I had these but I said a lot and I didn't hold anything back. I´d like for this blog to have honest words because I want to be human over here, but obviously some restrictions because this is totally public.
So now, onto my rant.

I´ve been noticing, there´s been a new part of my personality that is slowly crawling out and it's really changing the person I thought I was. I can feel a slew of apathy and its towards doing anything that has to do with a group setting or thinking too much about anything if its not about sewing + thinking of everythingthathastodowithit. I've been going to work and coming home every day just to work. I haven't been much for small talk or really enthusiastic about getting together with a social group. 


Before I say more, I guess I should explain that I've always been one to do something, go out, get together with someone. I've never not been that person. I like surrounding myself with people I like... but recently I'm really enjoying being alone.


Recently, I tried to do that whole going out and being social thing and I don´t know, I just wasn´t feeling it. So I´m taking advantage of this strange displaced feeling, and I am going to come home every day and work if I want to, or sit and watch movies if I want to. Or not. It really comes down to what feels important to me, and right now, this just feels right.


Oh! Can I mention that my dad... HI DAD. recently gifted me with a macbook pro. My previous laptop screen was broken, and owning a mac laptop has always been basically a dream of mine since I tried to get the best buy credit card in the year of 2007, and I was tragically denied. So, yeah, thanks dad! I am now going to enjoy my evening listening to Charles Bukowski. I just realized he's on Spotify and a part of me wants to know what he says. Oh, and sipping on my wine.
Alexz

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! It's Nice to read personal thoughts on blogs once in a while. It helps to relate to and gives the feeling of bein 'real.' and good for you on enjoying your alone time. Sometimes it's so nice to be alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solitude is great for the soul, and you'll probably get back to being social soon enough. I personally think it's FANTASTIC that you love what you do so much that you're entirely driven to keep working. Also, how cool is your dad?! Can you tell your dad to call my dad please?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same, I appreciate quiet time much more and would rather hang out in intimate settings rather than pubs or big group things most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweet lady! I LOVE your blog. I found you via Skunkboy Creatures and am SO GLAD that I did! I'm your newest follower! xoxo

    ReplyDelete