9.19.2012

Fringe Backpack Tote Bag

My most recent custom order I've been anxiously making is for a friend of mine. She recently brought in some Bird Trouble bags to the Chicago store that she works at, Eskell (more on that later!), and inquired about a custom order back. She had sent me over a picture of her bag inspiration, choose the black and white Spanish blanket and requested it to have leather but to be vegan friendly. I hunted down a faux leather jacket that was a great quality - surprisingly it was easy to stumble across something in a good quality.

Not only do I want to say that I love working with this faux leather, but this is probably the most happy I've been about a bag in a while. Not that I'm NOT happy with what I make, but I know I criticize myself harshly, and this one has made me as happy as a I am with peaches and cream. It's going to be a transformable bag; a backpack, shoulder tote bag, and a cross-body bag.

Here are some pictures I've been able to take of the process. It's currently getting closer to it's completion and I cant to give it to it's new owner. I'll be sure to stop by again soon to show you when it's finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment