10.06.2012

Swooning over Amy Friend


I like to pop in from time to time to show you what I think is really cool. I found out about the photographer, Amy Friend, through The Jealous Curator (you should definitely jot down TJC for future reads), I instantly fell in love with all of her work. My favorite has to be her Dare alla Luce collection. In Italian, Dare alla Luce is a phrase said to describe the moment of birth, and she used it for this collection of hers because she's giving life back to old photos. How cool is that? 

"Through small deliberate interventions, I altered these vintage images, allowing light to pass through them. (After all, photographs are made possible with light.) In a literal and somewhat playful manner, I aimed to give the photographs back to the light, hence the title of the series, Dare alla Luce, an Italian phrase used to describe the moment of birth."


1 comment:

  1. OMG I LOVE THIS!!!! especially with the horsey.

    laurie

    ReplyDelete