3.26.2012

Colorado :: You are so small.

Hello little Bird Troubles! Spring is pretty much here... minus the odd 44 degree weather we're having today. That's Chicago for ya. One day it's in the 70's and the next it's in the 40's. March has been a whirlwind of weirdness in my life, hence my lack of posting. Without getting in detail because most of it is personal, I appreciate your patience on Spring new products. I'm coming out with some dyed canvas pouches and two new smaller size shoulder bags this week. I'll be sure to keep you updated!

Other than that, I was able to catch a much needed vacation at the beginning of the month. I went to visit two of my best friend's Michele and Dome in Leadville, Colorado. Leadville is a former silver mining town and is currently the highest incorporated city in the states. It's about two hours away from Denver and basically in the middle of no where! They moved there a few months ago to start their little family. Currently they have a blue nose pit bull named Tank (I LOVE HIM!) and they're waiting to get their second baby this coming Wednesday... an 8 week old American Bull Dog!

Leadville is quaint, isolated, friendly, and best of all... filled with snow fun adventures and antiques. The views were breath taking. I can't even begin to explain how beautiful everything was. You'd really have to go there yourself to feel how good the air feels when it hits your skin and how fresh it smells. The woods and snow are so dense, and viewing the landscape from where my two feet were, I was reminded how pointless and minuscule it is to worry about anything because you are so small. No matter your issue, you are just one human-being next to an entire world. Everyone needs a friendly reminder that life is all mental and you can make your life positive if you tried. Take a vacation, enjoy the small things, don't regret, and just let go.

While I was there, I purchased two disposable cameras and also thrifted a panoramic disposable camera. I also took about 100-150 photos on my iPhone through out the whole trip (you can view a lot of these through my tumblr or instagram @BirdTrouble). I haven't developed the disposable cameras yet but I wanted to share a few photos I had taken with my phone. I used Photoshop Express (a free app!) to edit these. These are from Leadville, Minturn, and Gilman (a ghost town we visited twice. We were obsessed with this place). I hope you enjoy them!

  
 
Expect more photos soon! I'm saving the ones from Gilman for their own post. I can't wait to show you the ghost town and what I brought home from the abandoned buildings!
xoxo,
Alexz

No comments:

Post a Comment