5.13.2012

Happy Ma's Day


Today is Mother's Day. I hadn't seen my mother in a few weeks, since before she had her hair makeover at my salon. Without doubt about it looking good (I already know my coworkers are all really talented), she looked even more beautiful with her new stylish hair. She out-shined the rest of her family in her style choice and was dressed in sequin kitten heels and her Sunday best. My father took this picture of us outside of my grandparent's house. My uncle was joking around on Facebook about how my mother looks like she wants to strangle me in this picture and to take another. Luckily, my mother is caring, big hearted, generous and a patient mother... so she'd never strangle me :).

This morning, I took the CTA train to meet up with my parents, my aunts, uncle, and grandparents at a little Mexican joint in Cicero called La Quabrada. I ordered steak, eggs, rice, and beans. The steak was cooked perfectly and I devoured my food in 4 handmade tortillas. Oh the joys of being Mexican. Apparently my aunts and grandparents come here all the time, and they open up a table for them whenever they go, even if it's busy. Boy was it busy in there! Since they are regulars there, it doesn't surprise me that my aunt told me they named meals after nicknames my Grandpa gives them. For instance, there's a steak dish called Oscar De La Hoyo. 

After eating, we headed to my grandparent's house in Berwyn. I haven't been here in a few years, but it was nice because it always gives me a good familiar feeling. I'm currently sitting on the couch watching an old black and white movie that my grandma put on. Obviously her taste in movies has been passed down to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment