11.27.2012

From new the Bird Trouble studio.

My studio is coming together quicker than ever.

This past weekend, James put shelving up in there. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulder to have those shelving. I've become fond of working in a space that feels inspiring, and it's been a struggle achieving the organized comfort, but I think it's finally 85% there! I just need to repaint the walls.

I was snickering at the fact of becoming the type of person who cares about what their space looks like. Only because I used to work on my bed, or on the messiest living room floor, or the most cramped of rooms. I'm not too picky. I moved out at 19 and have only collected items from alley ways or thrift stores - and though some of the items aren't the best of condition, I love it this way. I remember having my fabric stored in milk crates, stolen from the back of restaurants.

The shelving has even added to feeling like I'm "growing up" to a young women who's establishing her style. I have a real studio!!! All I'm saying is that this shelving makes me feel really, really legit, guys. It feels really good to walk into this Bird Trouble studio. We can thank my recent promotion at the salon for this redecorating (yay full-time + PR/marketing work!)!

Here's a glimpse of some photos that I took today. I'm having a studio-feature soon (more on that later!) and I'm holding off on posting full room photos. If you follow me on Instagram, you may catch more glimpses!

xo

6 comments:

  1. The shelves look great! Nothing makes the creative brain work better than a fresh organized workspace! I love rearranging my workspace after a large event, show I've put on. It gets me ready for a fresh start.

    CONGRATS on the promotion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the congrats! I'm pretty excited about it. It'll be more hours at the salon - but it'll be worth the experience.

      I agree about a fresh organized space. I just remembered I wanted to tell you... have you read Imagine : How Creativity Works? You might like it!

      Delete
  2. im so sad i just bought a new wallet at target! that one on the left side bar is soooo rad!!!! your bags are simply the best. i cant get over how well made they are and how unique. i love seeing peeks into your space!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! You can have more than one wallet ;). You're the sweetest Laura. xo

      Delete
  3. Tumberweeds glasses? Hehe, typo! I can't help it, I'm a typo-freak.

    Also your studio is the CUTESTTT and I can't wait to see a full tour (exciting!) also I cannot WAIT to get my hands on one of your pieces, eeeee! It's about damn time and a wallet is just what I need. Maybe just maybe you'd do a custom one for me, using that fabric in the top right corner in that fabric photo? It's ca-uuuute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fixed it! Thank you! I hate typos too. Next time I'll double check my computer work after hours of staring at the screen.

      AND THANKSSS! I also can't wait until you get your hands on one of my pieces!! I could make a few wallets in that fabric. I was planning on it anyway ;). I'll work on those shortly after this batch! One of them needs to have your name on it! xo

      Delete